SIGMA THETA TAU INTERNATIONAL
OMICRON PSI SMALL RESEARCH CAPSTONE PROJECT, & DISSEMINATIONGRANT
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Omicron Psi Small Research, Capstone Project, and Dissemination Grant is to support and encourage members to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research. The focus of the grant is promotion of nursing scholarship and practice-based research.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA; The eligibility requirement for this grant include
1. The PI of the research/project team must be a member of the Omicron Psi chapter.
2. One applicant must hold a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing and/or nursing students enrolled in a higher degree program in nursing with direct supervision of a qualified faculty meeting applicant criteria.
3. The applicant must have submitted a complete research, capstone project, or dissemination grant application form and signed a Omicron Psi chapter research/capstone agreement if applicable
1. Funds for these grants are provided by Omicron Psi chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
2. A maximum of $ 1,000.00 will be awarded will be awarded during this grant cycle.
3. The amount of funds available for these grants is contingent on chapter financial resources & a board vote of approval. The amount approved for the 2016 grant cycle is $1,000.00.
4. If an applicant applies for a grant and is funded, they will not be eligible to receive an additional grant for two years from the award date.
5. Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposal and/or dissemination application materials.
6. All grants will be reviewed by the grants review committee.
7. In the spirit of collegiality, the grants review committee may request that an applicant revise or improve a proposal if the project is substantive and the improvements would bring the proposal quality to a level appropriate for funding. A volunteer from the chapter will be identified to provide consultations to the applicant during the revision process.
8. A favorable decision by the Grants Review Committee is necessary to authorize funding.
9. The Grants Review Committee may only approve the number of grants allowable within the amount voted upon and approved by the board for the grant cycle. Current Grant Applications for this Grant period are due March 22nd, 2016. Awardees will be notified of the outcome on April 26th, 2016.
An application for this grant or any questions regarding application should be directed to Dr. Mikel Hand Omicron Psi Chapter President and Grants Review Committee Chair.
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Omicron Psi Research Committee,
Attn: Dr. Mikel Hand
University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN 47712
Application forms are available via the following link: